Wednesday, November 26, 2008

iMedia Connection: Email marketing's 8 deadly don'ts

iMedia Connection: Email marketing's 8 deadly don'ts
Introduction

I have a confession to make: I love Christmas. I love everything about it, from the music, to the lights, to the general good cheer emanating from everyone you meet. And, of course, the gift giving. On the other hand, I follow very strict rules with regard to the Christmas season, with the most important one being don't start too early. I won't listen to a carol, put up a light or do any serious shopping until after Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving, anything goes.

The holiday season is also a very busy time for email marketers, but the last approach you want to take with your holiday email campaigns is "anything goes." So, as the 2008 holiday seasons begins to move into high gear, I've assembled a list of things you need to remember with regard to your email marketing program. You need to approach the kick-off of your holiday email efforts with the same discipline with which I approach my personal kick-off to the season -- even if you've already begun your holiday mailing. And although I'm offering up this list of email don'ts as a holiday reminder, these are ideas you can use the entire year -- it's the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments: